Surprising as it may seem, Eilat is a city where you can live fully his Judaism, and the Chabad movement, which is very active, proves it daily.
Rabbi Yehuda Mamane, head of the yeshiva and Chabad movement in the city, we explained.
- There are around 8 years, the Yeshiva was added to the Chabad other businesses in the city of Eilat.
The majority of students are young people who came to work in the city after their military service.
Often these young people away from their families, come to spend a full Shabbat in Eilat.
This is an opportunity for them to discover their Judaism and personal contact with the Torah.
- It is amazing to note that young in appearance completely "secular" (sometimes tattooed shoulder) may, in a few weeks or months to become a diligent student full of fervor which, itself, become a Chaliah (emissary of the Rebbe).
Simply wake up this sometimes hidden spark.
- Dozens of students, watered fountains of Torah and Chassidut Chabad, are now married and had children, on a mission in one of the cities of Israel.
Several French, also passed by the Yeshiva, you tell their true story here in Eilat.
Especially one of them who has realized his project here and produced a Jewish rap-music CDs.
- Moreover, the Chabad movement is also involved in a program for young adolescents.
Every Friday, rabbis visit their schools to put their tephilin.
But their actions do not stop there.
They hold evening meetings for young people within the walls of the Yeshiva.
These young people listen with interest to the words of their heritage and seek the path that will guide their steps during these crucial years.
They are happy to find adults to listen to them that gives them confidence.
Many of them and their parents, have affirmed they would never have expected to see such a change in behavior so positive.
- This may seem surprising, but it is also here, in the tourist city of Eilat, these young men put their tephilin.
- We should also mention the children's program, all shabbatot, in different parts of the city, which includes the recitation of verses of psalms and the narrative of a story.
Not to mention the shows and festivals organized throughout the year, Hanoukot Bait, laying mezuzah and courses of Bar-mitzvot that are also part of the Yeshiva activities.
For more information, shiur in your area or simply for a bracha or advice:
Rav Yehuda Mamane (French) Tel: 057-620 67 70 (maximum protection).
To follow: / To be continued: / SHMOOLIK